- Baby Artichokes
- 1/2 lemon
- I green garlic stalk
- I spring onion
- 3 or 4 thyme sprigs
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper.
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs EVOO
- Pork Chops
- salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Olive oil
- One at a time, cut off the top third of the artichokes. Pull off the tough outer leaves and cut off the stem end. Cut the artichokes into quarters lengthwise and cut out the chokes. Rub with the lemon (cut in half) to prevent discoloring. Trim off the roots and upper stalks of the green garlic and spring onion and cut them in half lengthwise.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the olive oil over low heat, add the garlic, onion and thyme sprigs and cook for about 5 minutes, then add the artichokes and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season and add wine and water, then cover and cook gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Taste for salt and finish with 2 Tbs olive oil.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat and pour in the olive oil. Add the chops and cook until brown on one side, about 5 mins. Turn them over and cook until done,turning again if necessary. Let the chops rest 4 or 5 minutes before serving to tenderize them.
- Not included in the Culinary Inspiration Box: Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper, White Wine