- Chicken Quarters, your portion left whole
- Kosher salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Granulated garlic (or 2 cloves fresh, minced)
- Cayenne pepper
- Dry the chicken with a paper towel to remove any moisture from the skin.
- Beginning on one side – season the chicken generously with salt & pepper. Then season with granulated garlic, and a very light dusting of cayenne pepper (optional). Lastly, cover the chicken lightly, but completely, with paprika. Flip the chicken over and repeat on the other side.
- The paprika will create a delicious crust and juicy grilled chicken.
- *If you’d like to use BBQ sauce, don’t cover the chicken with paprika completely and apply BBQ sauce to the chicken in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Prepare grill for medium heat, or heat a grill pan and preheat your oven to 350. Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, 15-20 minutes. If you’re not using a grill, sear the chicken on the grill pan and continue the cooking in the oven. Continue grilling, turning and basting with BBQ sauce, if you’d like, until chicken is cooked is through and an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh registers 165. This usually takes 8-10 minutes longer.
- *If you apply the sauce too early, it will scorch. Wait until the final 10 minutes or so of cooking to coat the chicken in your barbecue sauce.
- Not Included in Your Box: Kosher Salt, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper