Pastured Eggs Poached in a Nest of Hearty Winter Greens
- Garlic - crushed
- Onion - diced
- Braising Greens - your bagful
- Red Chili Flakes - to taste
- Eggs - As many as you'd like to eat
- rice -
- Start with a flat bottomed skillet, one with a lid. Warm up some oil and add in the garlic and red chili flakes. Throw in the onions and cook until soft. Season with salt and black pepper. Add in the Stir Fry Mix and stir around to combine flavors and season. Lower the heat and cover. After the greens have wilted down, using the back of a spoon, carefully make “nests” into the greens. Even more carefully, crack an egg into each of these nests. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tops of the eggs have set.
- To serve, fill your bowl with warm brown rice (white or brown) and scoop a heaping “nest” on top, greens and egg. If you’d like, squeeze some lemon juice onto the greens. Crack the yolk with your spoon and enjoy!
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/