- Pork Chops – 2-4
- Beets – A bunch, about 1 beet per pork chop
- Apple – 1-2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Parsley – a handful, chopped- about 3 TBS
- Lemon – a squeeze
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil -To taste
- Salt and Pepper -To taste
- Sage- about 2 TBS
- Green Beans – your portion
- Potatoes – 1-2 per person
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash and peel your beets, place in an oven-safe pan, add a cup of water and cover with lid. Place pan into the oven and allow to cook/steam for an hour or until the beets are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, peel and quarter your potatoes, toss in a roasting pan with olive oil, salt and pepper, and place into oven for one hour.
- Remove beets and allow them to cool. Check the potatoes when you remove the beets, and if they’re not ready, monitor them every 5-10 minutes, until a knife slides in and out cleanly. Once the beets have cooled, peel them. Dice apple and beets, chop parsley and mix together. Add a squeeze of lemon, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- To cook the pork, remove it from the packaging and pat dry with a couple of paper towels. Finely chop sage. Rub the chops with chopped sage, salt and pepper. Get your roasting pan hot with olive oil and carefully sear your pork chops. By searing all sides of the meat you have essentially cooked it about half way. To finish cooking, place them and pan into the oven at 375°. Allow it to roast for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 135-145 internal heat. Remove from oven and allow the chops to cool for a few minutes. Serve with steamed green beans , roasted potatoes, and salsa.
- Not included in Large Kitchen Box: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
- Chef Tip: you can make the salsa the day before. Kick it up by adding 1 tsp of spicy mustard.