- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 small carrots or 1 large carrot, diced
- A bunch of asparagus, sliced on a severe diagonal,1/4 thick
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped dill
- extra virgin olive oil
- chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 1/2 meyer lemon
- 2 poached eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- In a small saucepan, bring about 3 inches of water to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer, add a splash of red wine vinegar, and slowly slide in 2 eggs next to each other. Let them sit and cook while you make the sauté, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, scallions, and carrots.
- Stir to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften. Season with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus, stir, and cook for 1 minute. Add the cooked quinoa and stir. To prevent the quinoa from sticking to the pan, pour a splash of stock or water into the pan, continue cooking and stirring until the quinoa is heated through.
- Once it is hot, turn off the heat. Stir in the basil and dill. Squeeze 1/2 meyer lemon over the quinoa. Taste. Season with salt and pepper as necessary. Scoop the quinoa into individual bowls. Add the poached eggs and finish with sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Not included in the Large Real Food Box:Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock, Black pepper, Sea Salt