Roasted Broccoli with Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese Sauce
This roasted broccoli recipe serves two as a side dish, or an entree by adding a few ounces of pasta.
- For the Broccoli
- 5–6 cloves garlic, not peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- broccoli, your portion
- Goat Cheese Sauce
- 4 ounces goat cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Pasta (optional)
- 4 ounces pasta
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts, almonds, pistachios or breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- Slice the top ¼” off each clove of garlic. Place them on a piece of foil, large enough to wrap them. Drizzle the garlic with olive oil, wrap in foil and Roast for 30 to 40 minutes until the garlic is soft, fragrant and golden brown.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets.
- Toss with olive oil and roast until tender and charring, 25 to 30 minutes.
- If you’re including pasta, prepare it now, according to directions on the box. When done, drain it and reserve some of the cooking liquid. Set liquid and pasta aside.
- When the garlic is done, pop each from its skin, and combine them with the sauce ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- When broccoli is done, drizzle or toss it with the sauce, top with nuts, and serve.
- If serving with pasta, combine the broccoli, pasta, sauce, and spoonful of the pasta water in a large bowl and toss well. Top with nuts and serve immediately.