- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 can of black beans (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup yogurt (vegan sub: ¼ cup cashews + ¼ cup water)
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper, to taste
- a little water, if necessary to thin
- Preheat the oven to 425. Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes until tender and browned. Remove from the heat and toss with the chile powder and a squeeze of lime. If you haven’t toasted the pepitas already, toss them in the oven for 6-8 minutes until they’re fragrant.
For the crema
- In a blender, mix together the avocado, yogurt (or cashews), lime, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, cilantro, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. Chill until ready to use.
- If using black beans, heat them up in a small pan.
- Put some cooked quinoa into each bowl. Top with a pile of roasted cauliflower, some toasted pepitas, and some black beans, if using. Top with the avocado crema and cilantro leaves.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Chile Powder, Black Beans, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper
- Serving Size: 4