Roasted Root Vegetable Quiche
- Beets - peeled and diced
- Carrots - peeled and diced
- Celery Root (optional) - peeled and diced
- Fennel (optional) - chopped
- Salt & Pepper -
- Fresh Herbs (whatever you have) -
- Eggs - 1-2
- Cream, creme fraiche, or half & half - 1 cup
- Cheese - optional, 1/2 cup grated or to taste
- Beets, carrots, celery root (optional) all get peeled and diced and then roasted in a pan together with olive oil, salt and pepper and fresh herbs. Fennel can join them, if you wish. Roast up all the root vegetables together at 350F for about 20-30 minutes.
- When they are finished cooking, allow to cool.
- Whisk together a mixture of eggs, cream, cheese, and salt and pepper. You can use sour cream, creme fraiche, or half and half instead of cream. Once your vegetables have cooled put them inside the quiche shell, pour egg mix over vegetables and bake in the oven at 325'F until cooked, about another 20-30 minutes.
- Not included in Large Kitchen Box: Cream, Crème Fraîche, or Half & Half, Salt & Pepper
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/