Sausage and Peppers with Fried Cabbage
- 1 package Belcampo sweet Italian sausages
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 a cabbage, cut into squares and washed
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/8 tsp each fennel seeds, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine, orange juice or apple juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Dinner rolls or crusty bread
- 1- Cut the sausages into coin shapes 1/2 inch thick. Heat up a heavy skillet on medium high heat, and add a glug of olive oil. Add the sausages and stir them around a bit for 3 minutes or so until they have browned on all sides.
- 2- Add the onions and peppers, and cook another minute or two to soften them. Add another glug of olive oil, then the garlic and cabbage, and cook another couple of minutes.
- 3- Add the seeds if you are using them. In about 10-15 seconds they should start to pop. As soon as this happens, add the juice or white wine, and cook until it has glazed the sausage and vegetables, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy with dinner rolls or crusty bread!
- Not Included in the Box: olive oil, fennel seed (opt), cumin seed (opt), mustard seed (opt), white wine, apple juice, salt and black pepper