This is a super simple dinner, just like mom used to make.Print
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky salt, such as Maldon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 pack Belcampo Sausages.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Top and tail the green beans and place in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil, a healthy pinch of flaky salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Transfer the beans to a cast-iron skillet and spread them out into a single layer; if they are piled up, they will not roast well. Transfer to the oven and cook, stirring once, until the beans are softened and charred in spots, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the beans are roasting, pan fry your sausages.
- Remove the beans from the oven and squeeze lemon juice over to taste. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature with your pan-fried sausages.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: EVOO, Flaky salt, Black Pepper
Excerpted from Home Cooked: Essential Recipes for a New Way to Cook by Anya Fernald with Jessica Battilana, copyright © 2016, published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Photography copyright © 2016 by Brown W. Cannon III.