Sauteed Tuscan Kale
- Tuscan Kale (or Swiss Chard) - 1 bunch
- Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Red Pepper Flakes - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste -
- Parmesan Cheese - 2 tablespoons, grated
- Wash and dry kale leaves thoroughly. Cut leafy greens into 1 inch sections. Discard any tough stems.
- Heat olive oil and red pepper flakes in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat until the oil shimmers, and the red pepper flakes start to sizzle.
- Add the garlic. Working quickly, so the garlic does not burn, add the kale. (Some splattering and crackling of oil may occur from residual water on the kale.)
- Using tongs, toss the kale in the pan for 2-4 minutes until the kale has wilted and cooked to desired tenderness. Keep the kale moving to avoid scorching any pieces.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Olive Oil, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt & Pepper, Parmesan Cheese
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/