Simple Grilled Potatoes
- Potatoes, your portion
- Kosher salt
- 2-3 medium cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, or fresh herbs of your choice
- 1 whole lemon
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, about 5 minutes. Drain potatoes transfer to a rimmed baking sheet to allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, split each one in half lengthwise and transfer to a large bowl. Add the garlic, olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss roughly until potatoes are well-coated in mixture and their surfaces are a little roughed up.
- Set half the burners on a gas grill to the medium-high heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate so the potatoes don't stick.
- Place potatoes cut-side-down over direct heat and cook, turning occasionally, until well-browned and crisp on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes total. Transfer potatoes back to the bowl they were in before as they finish cooking.
- Split lemon in half and place cut-side-down directly over heat. Grill until well browned, about 5 minutes. Squeeze grilled lemons into bowl with potatoes. Toss potatoes to thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with chopped scallions or fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/