- 3 5-ounce pieces of halibut, rinsed with water, dried, and seasoned on both sides with salt and pepper
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, stems removed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- 1 handful of small basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- On the stovetop, heat a cast iron skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Add the cut tomatoes, shallots, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the tomatoes start to soften and juice is released, about 5 minutes. Add a splash of white balsamic vinegar. Taste. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Gently place the pieces of halibut on top of the tomato mixture and put into the oven.
- Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let fish rest for a couple of minutes. Toss some fresh basil leaves into the pan and top with chopped chives. Serve immediately with a green salad.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt, Black Pepper