Photograph by Michael Graydon & Nikole HerriottPrint
- 1 bunch of Japanese turnips, larger ones halved
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp vegetable or chicken stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup of Chimichurri
- 1/2 bunch each of cilantro and parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp of paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/4 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup EVOO, S&P, 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Put a large cast-iron frying pan on the center rack and heat until the pan is very hot, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chimichurri ingredients and stir. Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or so. The recipe will make 3/4 cup; save the remainder for other dishes.
- Meanwhile, separate the turnips from their greens. Give the greens a thorough washing and chop. In a medium bowl, toss the turnips with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the turnips to the hot pan and roast until just softened, 4 to 6 minutes, depending on the size.
- Place the pan on stove top over medium-high heat, stir in the turnip greens, and sauté briefly. Add 2 Tbsp of the stock, followed by 1/4 cup of chimichurri, and stir to combine. Add up to the remaining 2 Tbsp stock if you need to loosen the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving platter, squeeze on the lemon juice, Serve warm.
- Not included in your box: Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Stock, Oregano