Stuffed Mushrooms with Garlic, Kale, and Cheese
- 1/2 lb medium sized mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
- 1 TBS olive oil or your favorite oil
- 1 onion, diced small
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup white wine, water, or vegetable stock
- 2 TBS fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated (if you have other cheese lying around, you can add other cheeses of your choice, too)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray or oil a baking sheet. Put your stemmed mushrooms on the baking sheet with the hollow side facing upward.
- 2- Heat a heavy skillet on the stove, and add a glug of olive oil, then the diced onion. Saute and stir it around for about 6 minutes on medium heat. Then add your chopped garlic and saute another minute. Now add your chopped kale, coarsely ground peppercorns, paprika, salt, and a splash or wine, water, or vegetable stock. Cook and stir all of this together for another 5 minutes or so, until the liquid is gone, and all the ingredients have had time to soften up and make friends with each other.
- 3- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the basil and half the cheese. Use a small spoon to fill each mushroom nice and full but not overflowing. Pat the filling in tightly.
- 4- In a little bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, remaining cheese, and a glug of olive oil. Spoon this on top of each mushroom and pat it down so it stays in place.
- 5- Bake fo 7-9 minutes, until topping is nice and crispy and mushrooms are plump, springy, and juicy.
- Not Included in the Box: Olive oil, kosher salt, paprika, white wine, vegetable stock, breadcrumbs
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/