- Ground Turkey –
- Small onion – 1/2, minced
- garlic – 1 clove, minced
- orange zest – 1/2 tsp
- Sage – 1 TB, minced
- Dried Red Pepper flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Egg – 1, beaten
- Oil – 1 TB
- Sweet Potato sticks
- Sweet Potatoes – 2, peeled and cut into 1/4 x 1/4 x 2-inch sticks
- Coconut or Olive Oil – 2 TB
- Sea salt – 1/2 TB
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- Combine all burger ingredients, except the oil, in a large mixing bowl. Form mixture into 4 patties. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties, turning once, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- For the sweet potatoes, preheat oven to 375. Place sweet potato sticks in a large bowl and toss with the oil, salt, and pepper to coat.
- Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve burgers on top of salad greens, with sweet potato sticks.