- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh or dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, finely diced
- Kosher salt
- 1–2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup warm milk or plain almond or alternative milk
- 1/3 cup shredded smoked mozzerella
- 1 scallion, chopped (optional)
- 1- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, peppers, carrots, and onions; cook until tender and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the flour, and stir and cook 2 minutes. Add the turkey and thyme, and continue to cook, breaking the turkey up, until the turkey is cooked through and lightly browned. Stir in the ketchup and cook until lightly caramelized. Pour the stock into the skillet and stir. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the squash and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 2- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot over low heat for a couple of minutes to dry them out. Add the milk, cheese and scallions, if using, and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3- Swirl the mashed potatoes over the filling. Lightly brush with oil or melted butter and bake until the potatoes are lightly browned and the turkey filling is bubbly around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Olive Oil, Tomato Sauce/Ketchup, Flour, Salt, Milk, Pepper
- Serving Size: 4