- 2 slices dry day-old bread or 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or croutons (optional)
- 1/3 cup flour (or if gluten free almonds, optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated cheese (monterey from the box or hard cheese)
- 1 large egg white
- 2–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil, like grapeseed
- Preheat oven to 425. In a food processor (or by hand), combine bread, flour (or almonds if gluten free), monterey or hard cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Season with pepper. Process until fine crumbs form. (If doing by hand, finely chop everything and mix well in a big bowl.) Transfer to a shallow bowl. Beat the egg white until frothy.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season chicken on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon salt, dividing evenly. Dip each chicken breast into the egg white to coat completely, and then into the crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Cook chicken until lightly browned on one side, 1-3 minutes. Flip chicken and transfer skillet to the oven. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 8-12 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Serve with stone fruit salad.
- If you don’t have day old bread or breadcrumbs, feel free to use extra almonds or other nuts.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Boxes: Neutral cooking oil, Olive Oil, Honey, Salt & Pepper