- 3 baby artichokes
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped & 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup dry rosé wine
- 1 Spring Onion, bulb only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut 1/4 inch off stems of artichokes; peel stems. Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves from each artichoke, leaving tender heart and bottom. Trim about 1 inch from tops of artichokes. Place artichokes in a Dutch oven filled two-thirds with water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until a leaf near the center of each artichoke pulls out easily. Drain and cool. Cut in half lengthwise. Place artichoke halves, cut sides down, on grill rack coated with olive oil; grill 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until onion is golden. Add 2/3 cup water, the rosemary, lemon rind and beans; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Place bean mixture in a food processor; process until smooth. Keep warm.
- Combine wine, sliced garlic, and shallot in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add broth; simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture into shallow bowls, and top each serving with 2 artichoke halves. Drizzle about 1 1/2 tablespoons broth mixture over top of each serving; sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon parsley and about 1/4 teaspoon thyme.