- 6 small beets, washed and stems removed
- 1 large avocado, skin removed, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced on a mandolin and soaked in a bowl of water
- Champagne Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 3 beets on a large piece of foil and pull up the sides slightly, creating a kind of pouch shape. Drizzle the beets with olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Close the top of the pouch tightly all around so that the beets will steam. Repeat process with the other beets. Place pouches in the oven and cook for 60 minutes or until the beets are tender. Once cool enough to touch, gently remove the skin from the beets and cut into wedges. Set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, place olive oil, vinegar, honey, and lemon juice in a jar. Season with salt and pepper. Shake. Set aside.
- For assembling, grab your serving bowl. Lay out a few beet wedges, then avocado slices, some crumbled feta, a few onions, and a sprinkle of arugula. Drizzle with a little vinaigrette, a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Repeat until all ingredients have been used up. Serve immediately.
- Not Included in Large Real Food boxes: Sea Salt, Black pepper, Champagne Vinegar, Honey, Olive Oil