This delightful, gluten free vegetarian side can accompany anything where you might normally use rice, pasta, or potatoes.
- 1 head cauliflower, washed, cored, and broken into florets
- 1/2 an onion, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 TBS butter
- 2 tsp lemon zest, grated
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until small like
- couscous, but not pureed. You might need to pick out any large pieces and put those back into the food processor, and pulse those again. Melt the butter over low heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and garlic, and cook on low heat until soft. Add the cauliflower couscous, cover, and cook over low heat around 5-7 minutes. The butter should generate enough steam to gently cook the couscous without browning it. Just before serving, stir in the lemon zest and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/