Good for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
- Your portion of brussels sprouts, halved
- Your portion of red potatoes, quartered
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces (opt)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 TBS grated hard cheese
- more salt and pepper
- handful of chives, chopped (opt)
- 1- Preheat the oven to 425F. Toss the brussels sprouts, potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Then dump them out onto a heavy baking sheet, try to get them in a single layer, and put them in the oven for 20 minutes. Meanwhile you can chop your pears and garlic, and separate the whites from the yolks of the eggs. Put the whites in a medium bowl, and each of the yolks in its own tiny bowl or ramekin, being careful not to break the yolks.
- 2- Oil a small baking sheet. Now add a pinch of salt to your egg whites and use a mixer or a whisk to whip them up until they hold stiff peaks when you lift the whisk. Gently fold in the grated cheese, another pinch of salt and a bit of pepper, and use a large spoon to divide the egg white mixture into 4 mounds on the baking sheet. Use the spoon to make a crater in the middle of each egg white mound.
- 3- Once the brussels and potatoes have started to caramelize and get crispy (after about 20 minutes), turn the oven down to 375F and take them out. Add the chopped pears, garlic, and balsamic vinegar (try substituting with a bit of orange juice if you don’t have any) to the baking sheet with the brussels hash, stir it around, and put it back in the oven. Put the baking sheet with the egg white mounds in the oven, too, and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- 4- After 5 minutes, the egg white mounds should be getting a hint of golden brown. Take them out and carefully pour each egg yolk into the center of each egg white mound where you made a crater. Put them back in the oven, and check at around 3-4 minutes. The yolks should be just starting to set but still oozy on the inside.
- 5- Take everything out of the oven and put the brussels sprout hash on 4 plates. Use a spatula to top each plate of hash with a cloud egg, and then sprinkle with the chopped chives.
- Not included in the box: salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, hard cheese, pears (opt), chives (opt)