- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 bell peppers, roasted
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Grilled flank or skirt steak, for serving (vegetarians can pair grilled tofu with this!)
- 1- Unless you have your own jarred red peppers, then preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the whole peppers on a sheet pan and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, turning them twice during roasting. Remove the pan from the oven and immediately cover it tightly with aluminum foil. Set aside for 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle. Remove the stem from each pepper and cut them in quarters. Remove the peels and seeds and place the peppers in a bowl along with any juices that have collected. Discard the stems, peels, and seeds. Pour the oil over the peppers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- 2- Roast the eggplant over a gas flame, turning occasionally, until charred all over and tender within, 6 minutes. Discard the stem and skin.
- 3- In a food processor, pulse the eggplant with the peppers, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley or cilantro until chunky. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Serve with grilled steak (or grilled tofu).
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Jarred Red Bell Peppers, Olive OIl, Salt & Pepper
- Not Included in the Vegetarian Box: Jarred Red Bell Peppers, Olive OIl, Salt & Pepper, Tofu