- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Swiss Chard
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Kosher or Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 lb. Farro Penne
- 1 lb Waxy Potatoes, cut into one inch cubes
- 1/4 lb Gouda cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Place penne in a pot of boiling water that has been generously salted, and cook according to the instructions on the packaging.
- In a deep skillet or wide pot, saute the onion in the oil over medium heat until translucent and soft, 5-7 minutes. While the onion is cooking, wash but don’t dry the greens and roughly chop them, discarding any tough stem ends. Add the garlic to the onion, stir, and cook until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the greens, a little salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Stir a few times to help with the greens, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the greens are tender about 10 minutes. Stir a couple of times during cooking and add a bit of water if the pan seems dry.
- Meanwhile, add potatoes to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water. Strain the cooked penne, and add both potatoes and pasta into the greens, adding a little of the reserved water if the mixture seems dry or stiff. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese until melted and creamy, and serve.
- Not included in the Culinary Inspiration Box: Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper