- 6–8 fresh black mission figs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 shallot
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into quarters or eighths, depending on size
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (rosemary is great too)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, rosemary, and salt and cook until potatoes are nearly done, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat and add in figs and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir well, then pour in wine. Scrape up any of the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan and cook for 3-5 more minutes, until wine has reduced and potatoes are cooked through.