Dress the blanched beans right before you plan to serve them, as the lemon juice will cause the beans to discolor if they sit too long in the dressing.
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb Romano beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped soft fresh herbs, such as parsley, chervil, chives, or mint
- Flaky salt, such as Maldon
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add kosher salt. Add the beans and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and let cool until warm, then transfer to a bowl and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs. Season to taste with flaky salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Kosher Salt, EVOO, Flaky Salt, Black Pepper
Excerpted from Home Cooked: Essential Recipes for a New Way to Cook by Anya Fernald with Jessica Battilana, copyright © 2016, published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Photography copyright © 2016 by Brown W. Cannon III.