Simply Sauteed Asparagus with Garlic & Parmesan
- Asparagus, your portion, any tough ends trimmed off
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Place the trimmed asparagus in a large pan – large enough that all of the asparagus fits in a single layer.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with water, place over medium high heat and cover. Steam the asparagus for just a few minutes, until it is bright green in color and fork tender, but still has some bite.
- Drain any remaining water from the pan
- Drizzle the olive oil over the asparagus, add the chopped garlic, some salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Cook over high heat until the garlic has softened and the asparagus begins to brown slightly.
- Remove from the pan to a serving dish, ensuring that you scrape all garlic and olive oil out of the pan with it.
- Top with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately
- Note: The asparagus can also be roasted in a 400 degree oven until tender and slightly browned. Add the garlic for the last 5 minutes or so of cooking so it doesn’t burn, and top with lemon and parm after plating, just like the above.