- ½ cup raw pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups Spring Veggies – Asparagus, Spinach, Cauliflower — whatever you’ve got in your fridge! — cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh tender herbs (such as parsley, chives, basil, tarragon, and dill)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 handfuls of Arugula or lettuce
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or other grain
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes.
- Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar snap peas in a pot of boiling salted water until no longer raw but still very crunchy, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water and let sit until cold, about 3 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and thinly slice into bite-size pieces.
- Blend herbs, oil, vinegar, mustard, and 2 Tbsp toasted pistachios in a blender, adding water by the tablespoonful if dressing is too thick, until smooth and the consistency of heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss snap peas, other veggies, arugula / lettuce, your grains, and remaining toasted pistachios in a bowl to combine. Drizzle salad with dressing and toss again to nicely coat everything; season with salt and pepper.
- Makes 4 Servings