This is a simple salad that will impress your guests and embodies all things summer.. Romaine, Little Gem or Boston lettuce all hold up well and the stone fruit can easily be substituted. Fresh apricots, cherries, plums, are all delicious additions or substitutions.
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1 head Romaine
- 3 peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/8s
- 1 cup of cherries (two handfuls), pitted and halved
- 1 ball of burrata
- 6 large leaves of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Remove the burrata from the refrigerator thirty minutes prior to serving the salad.
- In a medium bowl, place mustard, vinegar, shallot, thyme, honey, and canola oil. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, place the torn lettuce leaves, sliced peaches, and cherries. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss with your hands or serving spoons until the ingredients are covered and the dressing is evenly distributed. Arrange the salad on a large platter or in a large shallow serving bowl. Place the burrata in the middle of the platter, and sprinkle the mint over the salad.
- To serve, cut the burrata in quarters and divide the salad among four plates.
- Serving Size: 4