- 4–6 potatoes
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste or powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and peel potatoes, then cut them into one inch chunks.
- Bring water to a boil and drop in the potatoes. Cook for 20 minutes or until fork tender. Strain the potatoes and place them in a bowl. Try to reserve a small amount of your cooking liquid to thin out the potatoes later if necessary.
- Mash them with a potato masher or ricer- if you don’t have these you can use a fork. Add in the butter, wasabi, salt and pepper.