Jules' Winter Citrus Salad
- Fennel Tops - feathery fronds chopped
- Radishes - a bunch, sliced
- Beets - a bunch, shredded
- Wild Arugula -
- Pistachios - Shelled
- Cara Cara Oranges - Sections sliced
- Grapefruit - Sections Sliced
- Avocado - Scooped
- Salt - to taste
- Walnut or Flax Oil -
- Rice Vinegar -
- This is really how it's stated above... you can chop, slice, or tear apart to make this.
- Love fest in a bowl you love... you can also use avocado oil... make sure to salt the salad with a dash of salt before you dress it... i like to add the oil to the bowl before i place anything in it.. then i mix everything together at the end with the best tools in the world, my hands!
- Chef Tip: To keep arugula, kale, lettuces, and soft herbs fresh all week! First, wash the greens in a big pasta pot full of cold water with 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar. Agitate it well with your hands and lift it out from the top (don't pour it out or it will get dirty again). Next, put it in a colander and rinse well with cold water to remove the vinegar. Then, line a baking sheet with a clean towel and put your lettuce leaves on it in a single layer. Leave it uncovered in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, put the clean lettuces in a ziplock bag with a dry paper towel. Seal the bag almost all the way, but leave a small gap. Put a straw in the gap and suck out as much air as you can, then quickly remove the straw and finish sealing the bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to 9 days!
/Narrative Food https://blog.narrativefood.com/