Apple butter is like apple sauce — just highly concentrated and much sweeter. It has a caramelized texture and goes great over toast or even in a cocktail. Or, bake with it! You can substitute it for oil and butter. Here are just few of the ways to use this underrated condiment:
- Add it to your morning oatmeal.
- Slather it on biscuits or muffins.
- Cook it with chicken. (A Southern Fairy Tale)
- In a cocktail: mix it with bourbon, lemon juice, apple juice. (Sweet Lady Cook)
- In ice cream: fold it into vanilla ice cream and top it off with a ginger-chocolate ganache. (Food & Wine)
- Make them into snickerdoodles. (Crazy for Crust)